A primary goal of the Red River Revel Arts Festival is arts education for children. Activities abound at the Revel! In fact, there is an entire area exclusively for children's activities, complete with its own performance stage! Children of all ages can show their artistic abilities by creating art projects at SPAR's Creation Station or the Junior League of Shreveport/Bossier's Artist for a Day. A favorite among young Revelers is the mock geological dig where children make 'anthropologic discoveries' without ever leaving the Revel site. Another exciting favorite is the Brookshire's Mini Grocery Store, where children shop with kid-sized carts and "purchase" a variety of items that can be found in our local Brookshire's grocery stores -- they have a blast playing "parent" and shopping for their family -- just like mom and dad do!
Children's Activities Featured at Revel 39
- Daily Street Performances including stilt walking, magic shows, balloin animals, and more!
- Shreve Memorial Library "Trail of Wonders" (Free Activity)
- Northwest Louisiana Food Bank Clay Pot Painting (4 coupons)
- Mock Geological Dig (Free Activity)
- Brookshire's Mini Grocery Store (Free Activity)
- Climbing Wall, Salto Trampoline, Water Walkers, & more (nominal fee)
- Sand Art (nominal fee)
- Creation Station presented by SPAR (Free Activity)
- Artist for a Day presented by The Junior League of Shreveport Bossier (Free Activity)
- Fanci Facez (5-10 coupons)
- Face Painting (1 coupon)
- Children's Sew Day Saturday, Oct. 10 (Free Activity)
- Spinner Entertainment: Stilt Walkers, Jugglers, Hula Hoopers